Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: mini disc

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Wen_Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 11th, 2003
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hello all,
    I'm a little confused about the whole sound issue. If I record to minidisk then How will I actually sinc up shots and sound? Do I change disks for every scene I shoot? Once I get it sinced and export it back to the mini dv will it still fit on the tape? Thanks for any help

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Wen_Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 11th, 2003
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I also havent seen any recorders with a mic input to do recording. Once again Im clueless am I missing something with this whole minidisc thing

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ickle_jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2002
    Posts
    179
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    you just use the headphone socket... in fact you can even record through the headphones on a minidisk! just speak into the headphones... weirdness [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2001
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Not all MiniDisc allow MIC input for recording. so check the box/manual for instructions before buying

    you record your sound onto MD and your image onto something else.

    then in editing. ( premiere say )

    you bring both the image file from the camera AND the sound file from the md into the premiere project

    you then MANUALY sync the two together by reviewing the clip and sound - so you should have a clapper board or equivalent so that a nice sharp image of something making a noise to link the sound track into.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Mods's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2001
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What were clapperboards invented for? That's right, syncing sound with video.

    When using a DV camera, you don't really need a clapperboard, unless you are getting sound from a different source (i.e. a minidisc, dat recorder etc).

    So get someone to "clap" the clapperboard. Then line up the "snap" in your editing suite.

    [img]smile.gif[/img]
    m0ds

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •